Sunday 1 March 2009

Rice Pudding


Lately My self and my Boyfriend have been trying to make rice pudding from home . In Canada he remembers his granddad making it on the stove while I remember my dad making it in the oven. So we tried this recipe
http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001427rice_pudding.php
And this one adapted from the Ballymaloe cooking school book.

1/3 cup of short grain rice(Korean rice is perfect)
2 table spoons of vanilla sugar
1 tea spoon of cinnamon
3 cups of milk
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 a cup of raisins if you want

Boil milk add to everything and cook in an oven for 90mins at 180
Peel back the skin and enjoy
both recipes are delicious and really worth the effort.
I am not a huge fan of Korean rice but this turns it to sweet goodness.


0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP