Saturday 7 March 2009

Pork loin wrapped in bacon

Pork loin wrapped in bacon



I crave Sunday roast from home but it is not easy to get a roast beef here and its expensive and lamb is impossible to get so pork is always my alternative option. This time I took my pork loin and covered it in mustard and rosemary salt and pepper wrapped it in bacon and used rosemary twigs to hold the bacon in place then drizzled some maple syrup over it.
This pork loin was 7000 won.


I then took my wrapped loin and placed it in a roasting tin on a bed of onions and garlic so as it doesn't fry it is roasted all over. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 1hour 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes I added parboiled potatoes with a little rosemary.

Baileys mustard sauce
To make the sauce I used chicken stock, baileys, whole grain mustard salt pepper , sage and parsley. I de glazed the roasting pan the pork was on and strained the contents with a sieve.
Once the roast pork was finished I let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting . I finished the roast potatoes in the oven at 250 degrees Celsius for another 10 minutes


1 comments:

Anonymous,  9 March 2009 at 02:24  

Hahaha.....You love your bacon!!! Looks delicious. I've have to give it a go. I might try it with some of that spice we got together.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP